Mission Development Worker
Old High St Stephen’s Church of Scotland, Inverness
Salary £25,122 – £28,400 (in keeping with the Ministries Development Staff salary scale).
Old High St Stephen’s Church (www.oldhighststephens.com) is seeking to consolidate and expand its work in a parish which covers both the city centre and part of the suburbs of the Highland Capital.
We are now seeking an enthusiastic person to work with the congregation to help us develop our understanding, vision and practice of mission in our community.
Duties we envisage would include:
- Identifying and attempting to meet needs within our community which can be met by the Church.
- Work in partnership with other churches, faith communities, statutory support services and voluntary sector providers towards meeting the needs of the local community.
- Work closely with the existing membership of the Church, its volunteers and service users to deliver Christian witness and outreach.
- Work in local schools as appropriate
- Support for the volunteers to develop the opening of the Old High Church for visitors
- Identifying imaginative ways to bring an inclusive and welcoming Christian message to the community.
If you would relish the challenge, we would love to talk to you to discuss your ideas and learn more about us. For an informal visit / discussion with us, please contact our Minister, the Rev Peter W Nimmo:
PNimmo<a>churchofscotland.org.uk (replace <a> with @)
Telephone 01463 250 802
Applications should be made via CV and statement stating how your skills, gifts and experiences are suitable for this role.
Closing date for applications is 16 September 2019.
(Please note it is necessary that all applicants will be subject to a Disclosure Check and should have a living Christian faith that is a Genuine Occupational Requirement in terms of the Employment Equality Act 2010).